- Scabby; scurvy.
- (Now chiefly dialectal) The itch; any eruptive skin disorder.
- (Now chiefly dialectal) Dandruff.
- A chain or range of rocks, sand, or coral lying at or near the surface of the water.
- (Australia, South Africa) A large vein of auriferous quartz; hence, any body of rock yielding valuable ore.
- (nautical) A portion of a sail rolled and tied down to lessen the area exposed in a high wind.
- A reef knot.
- (nautical) To take in part of a sail in order to adapt the size of the sail to the force of the wind.
- (Australia) To pull or yank strongly.
- (nautical, of paddles) To move the floats of a paddle wheel toward its center so that they will not dip so deeply.
Le mot du jour
Image du jour
Phrase du jour
- The cowboy was bucked off the bronco after 7 seconds.