neck ExemplesEN[nɛk] [-ɛk]
- Exemples de neck
- … the lion is in most gentleness and nobility, when his neck and shoulders be heled with hair and main.
- A flea out of a blanket shaken, A bloody-minded sinner, Upon a taylor's neck was taken, Marauding for a dinner.
- I've noticed how my knees, lower back, neck, and temples hurt pretty much continuously. I'm thinking that I might should go back to my old midmorning ways, pop those Vienna tops more often, and dice peppers like there's no tomorrow.
- After being neck-and-neck the whole race, Gibbs managed to pull ahead in the final lap.
- to seize on the neck of a horse
- He said he'd wring my neck if I told his girlfriend.
- The human spermatozoön possesses a head, a neck, a connecting piece or body, and a tail...
- Sometime she driveth o'er a soldier's neck,
- Exemples de necks
- Walking through the space gives you a good idea of what cool kids are wearing: minidresses with very wide necks, hooded caterpillar-like pullovers, cocoonish overcoats with complicated closures, somber shirts that dribble strings from their cuffs.
- Paying the mortgage every month is a millstone round their necks.
- The disfiguring wrinkles that make many necks unsightly may be kept in obeyance by massaging.
- But that's what I mean, Everett's friends are all tired grey businessmen or engineers or something, and Francine's all seem to be mumbling poets with pimply necks, God it's all so – so haecceitic. I could've gone to Nassau ...
- It is a tableau in which postbath steam rises off muscular necks and horses stride lazily through the trees.
- Exemples de necked
- That pencil-necked geek isn't going to stop me.
- 1611 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee. — Exodus 33:5 KJV
- 1952 For the LORD had said to Moses, "Say to the people of Israel, `You are a stiff-necked people; if for a single moment I should go up among you, I would consume you. So now put off your ornaments from you, that I may know what to do with you.'" — ibid., RSV
- MOHAMMAD REZA SHAJARIAN (Thursday) Renowned in his native Iran, the vocalist Mohammad Reza Shajarian has been performing since the 1960s, and is now widely considered one of the finest classical Persian singers in the world. Mr. Shajarian’s son, Homayoun Shajarian, will provide additional vocals and tombak (goblet drum), while Ensemble Ava, a four-piece, will contribute additional instrumentation on the ancient Persian instruments barbat (short-necked lute), tar (long-necked lute), kamancheh (spike fiddle) and daf (frame drum).
- Playing the sintir (a long-necked, resonant lute), Mr. Hakmoun leads spellbinding trance ceremonies, and with castanets around his ankles, performs acrobatic dances.
- Exemples de necking
- Alan and Betty were necking in the back of a car when Betty's dad caught them.
- for Lent, he gave up necking and cigarettes
- How was last night? Too much pound town and not enough necking, ya know?
Examples of neck in a Sentence